No announcement yet.

Exchange Archiving

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Archiving

Hi there, does anyone know how to do the following or if possible.

I know someone who wants to enable the archive option within exchange 2010 for a few users. They want the archive to be created but no mail to be actually moved, the mail is to be moved manually by the user and this archive must never delete anything. I believe it is a mixture of outlook 2007 and 2010. Is this possible.

Re: Exchange Archiving

Yeah, that's possible when Retention Policies/Tags are configured to your liking. See this: Understanding Retention Tags and Retention Policies

Outlook 2007 doesn't support Personal Tags, but that shouldn't be a problem in your case.

Could you advise what the retension policy should be and what the tag policy should be.

that's a bit rich isn't it ?

the retention and and tag policy should match whatever your organisational requirements are.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Whats a bit rich?

I think he means that you should not be asking questions like that as the policies will depend on YOUR workplace environment which you know about but we do not.

The phrase is well known English idiom:
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **