Phantom Exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Exchange 2003

Many moons ago we ran an Exchange 2003 server. This was then migrated to Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2003 removed from the AD following the MS instructions. We subsequently migrated from Exch 2007 to Exch 2010.

I now want to upgrade to Exchange 2013 but the install insists I still have a 2003 Exchange server on here! I must have missed something when I decommissioned the 2003 server but goodness knows what (I thought I had followed the MS instructions line by line!).

Bottom line is I would appreciate some help digging out the offending 'flag' ... presumably with ADSIEdit?

Anybody able to help?

Thanks

Colin
    Colin

Re: Phantom Exchange 2003

Do you have a specific error message? I would check the Exchange Setup logs, perhaps they have a more specific message.

I've searched for a manual removal of Exchange 2003 article, but they focus mostly on the installation server. Best I could think of is to check these steps again: How to Remove the Last Legacy Exchange Server from an Organization

Comment

Everyone states that they followed the nebulous, ethereal MS instructions but nobody ever states exactly which instructions they followed or provides links to said instructions, so saying you followed the MS instructions means nothing to us. Could you provide a link to the instructions so that we can see what you're referring to, which would allow us to be more specific in our answers?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        Everyone states that they followed the nebulous, ethereal MS instructions but nobody ever states exactly which instructions they followed or provides links to said instructions, so saying you followed the MS instructions means nothing to us. Could you provide a link to the instructions so that we can see what you're referring to, which would allow us to be more specific in our answers?
        This was several years ago (when 2007 was released) but think it was this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273478/en-us

I also remember referring to this

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-t...anization.html

and this

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb288905.aspx
        Last edited by colinjack; 10th October 2013, 21:01.
        Colin

Comment

I would suggest going over all the steps again. Perhaps an "OK" was forgotten or a AD backup was restored (for instance).

Comment

Originally posted by dmstork View Post
            I would suggest going over all the steps again. Perhaps an "OK" was forgotten or a AD backup was restored (for instance).
            Yup - that was going to be my next move. Thanks
            Colin

Comment

Working...
            X