Outlook won't connect!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook won't connect!

Having a crazy issue, all iOS devices can send/receive e-mail but no one can connect via Outlook 2010/2013. OWA also works just fine! Nothing in event viewer, already ready booted server (a few times), IIS.

Windows servers 2003/2008, two AD's, one Exch server 2007 all rolled up on a win2k3 server x64 stand ed.

Re: Outlook won't connect!

ActiveSync works in a different way to Outlook, so the fact that one works doesn't prove much. However it does indicate that the store is up. I would therefore be looking outside of Exchange for something blocking the traffic. AV etc.

Simon.
    --
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
    More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
    Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
    In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Sembee View Post
      ActiveSync works in a different way to Outlook, so the fact that one works doesn't prove much. However it does indicate that the store is up. I would therefore be looking outside of Exchange for something blocking the traffic. AV etc.

Simon.
      placed a called in with MS Tech, they too can't resolve it. Still working on it. Weird for sure.

Comment

When you hold CTRL and Right click the Outlook task bar Icon, and run Connection Status and Test AutoConfig, what results do you get?

Have you disabled client\server firewalls as previous mentioned?

When you setup a new account manually through the wizard, does the GAL lookup work ok?

What exact error do you get?
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Originally posted by topper View Post
          When you hold CTRL and Right click the Outlook task bar Icon, and run Connection Status and Test AutoConfig, what results do you get?

Have you disabled client\server firewalls as previous mentioned?

When you setup a new account manually through the wizard, does the GAL lookup work ok?

What exact error do you get?
          Topper, 3 days with Microsoft Tech Support and we still haven't resolved the issue, we have tried everything that you mentioned and more, over and over and over. Still going to try again today. Just weird.

It only happens in Outlook, my internal users no problems, mobile devices no problems, connect to VPN then Outlook no problem. Just weird. I'll post results if any once MS and I figure this out!

Comment

Have you got to the decent MS support levels yet or you still with 1st line?

When you say Internal Users fine etc etc, which exact users are having problems? Have I missed something?

Comment

Have you got to the decent MS support levels yet or you still with 1st line?

When you say Internal Users fine etc etc, which exact users are having problems? Have I missed something?
              all remote users, so if I take my laptop home boot up log on to Outlook I can't connect. But if I log on my VPN, then Outlook it connects.

1st level, 2nd level, late night shift, early shift, Bill Gates himself jumped on the call, still nothing...LOL

Comment

Ha ha!

So we're talking about Outlook Anywhere? I missed that bit!!

What are the result from the test site?

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

Comment

Ha ha!

Testing RPC/HTTP connectivity. The RPC/HTTP test failed. Test Steps

Comment

ttempting to ping RPC endpoint 6001 (Exchange Information Store) on server BMP-EXCH.metrohmusa.com. The attempt to ping the endpoint failed. Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it Additional Details

Comment

Is BMP-EXCH.metrohmusa.com your external URL for OA then?

I am guessing that MS have been through your OA config on your CAS?

Comment

What does "get-outlookanywhere" return?

Comment

Ha ha!

You didn't miss it, the original post specified an issue with Outlook and wasn't specific about the details we now know.

Bigalusn, I would suggest that you review how to configure Outlook Anywhere and verify the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                            You didn't miss it, the original post specified an issue with Outlook and wasn't specific about the details we now know.

Bigalusn, I would suggest that you review how to configure Outlook Anywhere and verify the settings.
                            thanks Virtual for the tip.

Comment

ok on with MS tech for days/hours, now they won't call back.

main issue is RPC/HTTP, not hitting ports 6001, 6002 & 6004.

I contacted Juniper (firewall) and they created another policy but can't capture traffic to those specific ports at all.

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.

Comment

Working...
                              X