Outlook 2003 issue with Exchange 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 issue with Exchange 2010

Hi folks, I seem to have an issue with 2 machines connecting to an Exchange 2010 server. These 2 machines are running Windows 7 with Office 2003. Now these machines have been running for a while with no issues. Suddenly today these 2 machines stop working. There are other pc's in the office with XP/Vista etc with other versions of Office and they are working fine.

The one machine I was on most of today, I removed ost files, repaired office, removed profiles, still no joy. When completing the username and exchange details section outlook almost hangs, takes ages to resolve the server and connect and complete the initial outlook setup, I then try and launch outlook and it sits on the outlook splash screen for ages, not sure if its hung or just extremely slow connecting and doesnt seem to connect and I end up end task outlook.

I think theres some kind of issues with outlook connecting to the exchange server as the odd time it said it couldn't be reached, not sure if any updates would cause an issue. Anyone got any ideas I could try.

Cheers

Re: Outlook 2003 issue with Exchange 2010

Hi folks, wee update, got the customer to reboot the exchange server and it now seems to be ok, just waiting on one person responding. This was only affecting outlook 2003.

Thanks for all your suggestions lol

Comment

Hi seems there is a problem with outlook. have u installed any antivirus guard on it. if so disable for a while. check in ur local security policy under user assignment. and if these are didn't work. try to remove and recreate the outlook profile.

Good luck!!

Comment

Exchange server reboot solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X