No announcement yet.

Exchange 2010 Evnt 12017/12018

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 Evnt 12017/12018

**** Found My Answer "Fix My Network" issues new certificates. Seems like "Issue New Certificates" would have been a better idea"

Not sure I even know enough to ask this question but here goes.

My SBS2011 with Exchange 2010 is issuing event-id 12017-12018 every night about certificates set to expire at the end of next month.

I can see in the Exchange console that I do indeed have 4 certificates that will expire.

I picked the one for SITES to work on since it seems tied to SMTP. I found instructions on finding the thumbprint and using New-ExchangeCertificate. I was able to create a new certificate but the finished product says it is untrusted and must be put into the certificates store.

I found that by using MMC I could add my certificate to the store but it requires a file name and I don't have one.

I have since (I Think) re-connected SMTP to the old certificate because it wouldn't let me remove the invalid certificate until I did and removed my new certificate and should be back where I started.

All 4 certificates appear to have been issued internally by our server and probably at the time of installation. We have not done anything with 3rd party certificates or any certificates since the server was installed.

It can't be this hard just to tell Exchange and it's certificates that we are still here and life is good.

Last edited by TuckerJ; 4th September 2013, 01:59. Reason: Problem Solved