Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving NDR from Deleted users...

Hi,

I facing an irritating problem that really gives me grey hair.

I am supporting an Exchange 2010 server for a customer which consist of several companies and 1 of these companies is sold and is now an outside domain (formerly hosted on the internal Exchange 2010 server)

All users and mailboxes for this domain have been deleted, all DNS for that domain have also been removed, but still users inside cannot send emails to the users of the now outside domain. Outlook users that have sent emails to the recipent before company separations receive a NDR repports which indicate that the recipent cannot be found on the Exchange server (Inside) - but the header indicates that the recipents mail address now should belong to the master domain name ie:
    [email protected]

but recipent was formerly [email protected]

Outlook users that have not formerly sent emails to the sold domains users, have no problems at all.

I therefore expect that the error or mismatch must reside somewhere in between the Exchange 2010 server and the Outlook 2007.

I have tried to rename the NK2-file on the senders personal PC, but that does not help.

Any clues ?

Best regards
    Thomas

Re: Receiving NDR from Deleted users...

As it is working for users who have never sent mail it sounds as if it is Outlook related. Have you tested for an effected user on a different PC with a new Outlook profile? How about them using OWA 2010, do they have the same issue. After renaming the NK2 file, I take it that Outlook then does not remember any names? Are there contacts in Outlook with the old address?

Comment

This is a Copy/paste from the NDR:

Diagnosticeringsoplysninger for administratorer:

Generating server: EXCHANGE2010.masterdomain.local

IMCEAEX-_O=DOMAIN+20ORGANISATIONEN_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTR ATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENT S_CN=[email protected]
      #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from EXCHANGE2010.masterdomain.local ([fe80::4136:2b0e:aec8:56a2]) by
      EXCHANGE2010.masterdomain.local ([fe80::4136:2b0e:aec8:56a2%16]) with mapi id
      14.01.0218.012; Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:14:04 +0200
      Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
      Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
      To: Maria<[email protected]>
      Subject: TEST
      Thread-Topic: TEST
      Thread-Index: Ac6lemh3JdKB3YexQkO/jlGZOFRSfw==
      Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:14:03 +0200
      Message-ID: <473A053B01A[email protected] omain..local>
      Accept-Language: da-DK, en-US
      Content-Language: da-DK
      X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
      X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <[email protected] 010.masterdomain.local>
      MIME-Version: 1.0
      X-Originating-IP: [192.168.60.31]

As I read the 550 - 5.1.1 NDR repport, It can only be the Outlook Recipent Cache that is not updated by the Exhcange server, but renaming or deleting the NK2-file does not solve this NDR.

I have not tried a new outlook profile, which probably will solve it, but there MUST be another explanation and way out of it instead of building new Outlook profiles for 151 users every time a formerly internal domain is placed external/hosted elsewhere.

And one thing I dont understand is the highlighted mail address in IMCEAEX section. This mailaddress have NEVER been applied to that particular recipent, because recipent belonged to different company - so where does Exchange get this address from when the typed in addres was [email protected] ?

Any other clues ?

Comment

Not an expert on this side but I know that internal emails would have used the legacy DN value I believe to route the mail and the sold Domain users would probably have had SMTP addresses from your AD domain and the sold Domain. The primary address was probably set to the sold SMTP address.

As the objects were deleted and some users had it cached, you now have the issue. Not sure of any other way around it.

Comment

Working...
        X