No announcement yet.

Stuck full access 'mailbox" in outlook.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck full access 'mailbox" in outlook.

HI all,

I am encountering a problem which have made me stuck for couple of months.

I have added myself to have full access or a user mailbox, let name him John.

I gave myself full access and need to search for some emails. John's account was auto mapped to my outlook thus my outlook have 'Knight" and 'John' mailboxes

I am done with what I need to do and I remove the full access to John's mailbox and I know the account should be gone in my outlook as I have done this before with other's email account. But now even when i remove the full access permission via EMC or via PS, I still have John's account stuck in my outlook.
    I tried to move it manually via control panel in my outlook but was given the prompt that the account i wanted to removed is my primary account and I am not able to do so.
    I have check on the ADSIedit.msc and under the delegatelinklist there is no entry, I have also double confirm and try removing the permission via PS command line and full access permission is totally removed but yet the account is still stuck there.

I have read through http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...xchg.141).aspx and follow every single steps that i need to do and the account is still around.

I am using windows & with SP 1 and my exchange server is 2010 with SP2.

I am wondering if any kind soul can help me on this as its really irritating to see the stuck mailbox

Re: Stuck full access 'mailbox" in outlook.

So does your user still have access to all the content or is it just showing up but giving you an error message when you try to access it?

Have you tried removing it from the Advanced tab in your Outlook's Exchange account settings?
    Account Settings -> Change Exchange account -> More Settings -> Advanced -> highlight and remove other mailbox.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi, i would remove it the same way Jeremy suggests. It doesn't remove its self. Has to be done manually.
      Attached Files
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
        So does your user still have access to all the content or is it just showing up but giving you an error message when you try to access it?

Have you tried removing it from the Advanced tab in your Outlook's Exchange account settings?
        Account Settings -> Change Exchange account -> More Settings -> Advanced -> highlight and remove other mailbox.

Hi Jeremy,

The mailbox is just stuck, I have check on the advanced tab but there was none other mailbox. Still wondering what could went wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X