No announcement yet.

Sync contact between Addres Lists

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync contact between Addres Lists

I want to know if it is possible to sync contacts between Global Addres List?
    For example:

I have 2 GAL's and i want to sync every contact from GAL A to GAL B, must not the other way.

Also the contact from GAL B must be synced with the users address list.

Ist tis possible and what is the best solution?

We are using Microsoft Exchange 2010 on a Windows Server 2012.

Best regards,
    Joost Lauwen

Re: Sync contact between Addres Lists

are you familiar with MIIS? you should be...

Global Address List Synchronization Walkthrough

its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Using MS FIM 2010 R2 and the GALsync component of that only is one way to achieve it but over the top. Quest (now owned by Dell) have a tool that can also assist.

Personally, I have recently used FIM to do the GALsync between 5 different Exchange 2010 environments, which we were configuring Federation Sharing for. I find that permissions can cause issues but once settled in, does the job. Ensure that you get the FIM server license (no External connector licenses are requried as you will be using GALsync only and not the Portal side of FIM. Also, you will only need the SQL Server CAL. No SQL Client CALs are required. I've been through all of the licensing with Microsoft recently.

You can't use the SQL express version with FIM, it has to be the full edition but it is ok to have it installed on the FIM server.

Thanks for the info.

We only have one stand-alone exchange server in my domain.

In the attachment you we will find a sync-flow of the contacts. What is the best way to do this, and is this possible?

Best regards,
        Joost Lauwen
        Attached Files
        Last edited by toostje_85; 7th August 2013, 13:19.