No announcement yet.

Can't delete, or move email in OWA

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't delete, or move email in OWA

After a recent patch night, all users are unable to move email, delete email or attach documents/pictures to email in 2010 OWA. Outlook is still functioning properly. I've attempted recreating the EWS directory, but the Remove command tells me that it doesn't exist. The new or set commands tell me that it already exists. The EMC also errored out. The current redirect and SSL settings are as follows Default Website SSL required, and has the redirect to our secure https site. All the other apps, or directories underneath have no redirect, and have no SSL required and are set to ignore. I'm thoroughly stumped. I've tried removing entries with ADSIedit. I can't remove or recreate the EWS directory, and I don't know if that's even the culprit. We're a 2010 SP1 environment, and I just installed rollup 6. The Outlook client is Office 2007.

Re: Can't delete, or move email in OWA

Probably the best solution would be to install SP3 (perfectly stable, and no reason not to use it) as this does a complete uninstall/reinstall of Exchange and would (AFAIK) repair all the vDirs

(Backup first, just in case )
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Can't delete, or move email in OWA

Thanks. That's a thought. I believe a broken rollup installation is what caused the error in the first place. We've managed to restore the EWS, but now OWA is broken.