No announcement yet.

2003 to 2010 migration issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 to 2010 migration issue

We have a simple Exchange 2003 server that we're migrating to a Exchange 2010 server. We're currently running them both side by side with a routing connection so mail passes through the 2003 exchange to the 2010 exchange. Mail flow is working correctly and OWA is also working correctly. What isn't is the Outlook connections.

I continue to get "The server is not accessible" error messages on a migrated mailbox. I've checked to see if it was a DNS issue, but the computer i'm sat on i can still access \\exchangeservername fine which makes me think it's being resolved fine. I've also browsed to the autodiscovery website and i get an error 600, reading this is what i should get.

I'm now at a loss about what it could it be. Could it possibly be a prerequisite im missing?

EDIT: Thought i should mention we've tried this on both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010.

Last edited by nabberuk; 14th July 2013, 07:50.

Re: 2003 to 2010 migration issue

anyone have an idea of where i can look to resolve this issue?

Re: 2003 to 2010 migration issue

Please follow the forum rules and do not bounce your posts.
      You will get help when someone who feels they can contribute has the time to do so.
      If you need faster support, please contact Microsoft Product Support Services, who will, pausing only to obtain your credit card, assign teams of engineers to the problem

Have you repaired your outlook profile and made sure it is pointed at the 2010 CAS server and not still connected to the 2003 server?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **