No announcement yet.

Throttling Policy with Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttling Policy with Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6

Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 running on Windows 2008 R2.

I am trying to understand a few things about the throttling policy and more specific why the Cisco Connection version 9 documentation is saying to create a new throttling policy where all the settings are null. (removing the throttling policy for all mailboxes)

Exchange 2010 SP1, the service account was the only account that would have the throttling policy removed because the charge was against the calling account. but now the charge is against the targeted mailbox. In the Cisco Unity Connection version 9 documentation is says:

Step 2 Create a new policy with unlimited EWS connections:
    New-ThrottlingPolicy -Name "<ConnectionUnifiedMessagingServicesPolicy>" -EWSMaxConcurrency $null -EWSMaxSubscriptions $null -EWSPercentTimeInCAS $null -EWSPercentTimeInMailboxRPC $null -EWSFindCountLimit $null -EWSPercentTimeinAD $null
    where ConnectionUnifiedMessagingServicesPolicy is the name that you want to assign to the policy.
    Step 3 Apply the new policy to all the unified messaging user mailbox. For each user mailbox, run the following command:
    Set-ThrottlingPolicyAssociation -Identity "<ConnectionUnifiedMessagingusermailbox>" -ThrottlingPolicy "<ConnectionUnifiedMessagingServicesPolicy>"

Since this is the behavior going forward for Exchange 2010 SP3 and Exchange 2013, I am just trying to understand how/why this is a good thing.

Like with our BES setup, the BES account was set with not throttling so it could do whatever it needed. Was expecting that same behavior for the Unity account, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It looks like turning off throttling for everyone is the only way to proceed, but that just seems strange that just to get this to work, throttling needs to be turned off for everything.

If anyone has gone through this or understands the throttling policy change from against the calling account to against the targeted mailbox, please help me understand.