Unable to book Room mailbox Outlook 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to book Room mailbox Outlook 2007

We have a strange issue that has popped up since Friday.

We use a mix of Outlook 2007 / 2010 clients connecting to Exchange 2010.

We have a number of meeting rooms setup as "Room Mailbox" and you would invite that room to your meeting and that has been working fine for both sets of clients.

However on Friday the 2007 clients were getting the error "Cannot directly book a resource for this meeting" the 2010 clients can book the same meeting room fine.

Over the weekend we have rebooted both our CAS and Mailbox servers as part of our weekly maintenance.

We have also since found out that OWA is working fine for booking meeting rooms, so it purely looks like it is an 2007 issue.

This morning we created a fresh meeting room, and the 2010 client could access the room fine without issue, the 2007 client gets "You do not have permission to view this calendar. Do you want to ask ISRoom to share his or her calendar with you?"

At this moment we have no idea where to look, what to check, so I am hoping someone might have come accross a similar issue in the past?

Thanks

Kimbie

Re: Unable to book Room mailbox Outlook 2007

After posting that we have just found the issue, though not one we thought about.

Our Public Folder store was dismounted, not that we were worried as we do not use Public Folders, though it would appear Outlook 2007 needs them for using Room Mailboxes of all things.

So something new is learnt today.

Kimbie

Comment

Well done, and thank for posting back. Rep++

Something to do with the free-busy service, presumably?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Well done, and thank for posting back. Rep++

Something to do with the free-busy service, presumably?
        No problem.

We think so but as far as we aware Outlook 2007 upwards did not rely on Public Folders for such information, with them getting depricated in Exchange 2007, and of course OWA and Outlook 2010 just added to the head scracthing, but clad it got sorted though

Cheers

Kimbie

Comment

Hi, for this error: "You do not have permission to view this calendar. Do you want to ask ISRoom to share his or her calendar with you?"
          I have had it in the past, what I did to fix it was to log onto outlook with the resource account and added a group to the calender permissions as reviewer i think.
          Hope this helps.
          Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
          I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
          MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
          X