Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Sync licences

Hi Guys,
    First off hi to everyone Iíve just returned to the forums after a few years away.
    Now my problem.
    We have Exchange 2010 itís a large organization and a department of around 2000 staff have decided to add company email to their personal mobile devices.
    We have now been informed that we have breached our MS licences as a result.
    This is what I donít understand as I was under the impression that Active Sync Licences were included per User Cal as part of exchange 2010. Is this the case or do you need to also purchase Active Sync licences for this also?

If this is the case what are the options to get around this?

Thanks in advance

Re: Active Sync licences

AFAIK there have never been any separate "ActiveSync" CALs and mobile access is covered under the same CAL as Outlook/OWA
    The "breach" is likely to be based on device count

Get an authoritative answer direct from Microsoft!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

thanks for the reply.

My boss has asked me to right a report up on this yet as you said without the correct info from MS this is very difficult

When you say devices what do you mean by this? Is it the case that every CAL has one licence for a mobile device?

Comment

Normally USER CALs allow multiple devices to connect, but this is complicated by Standard and Enterprise CALs depending on feature usage

Try here http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/dat...g-options/3510
        (note I can't get the page from work, so may be down) or more work

What does your license summary screen in EMC say --can you post a screenshot?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X