No announcement yet.

Outlook Anywhere - Exchange 2010

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Anywhere - Exchange 2010

Thanks for advising me on the hardware and capacity planning guides for my first post.

I put up exchange 2010 in a test environment. associated a domain name and a live ip for it. followed the guides and the incoming and outgoing mail flow is working perfectly. Tested Owa (with ssl error) and pop3 its working good.

I read some of simons and technet posts - stating the Outlook anywhere and Exchange active sync does not work with self signed certificates.

Just wanted to know, is there any way I can get a temporary certificate just for testing outlook anywhere.

- i tried installing self signed cert. on computers out of domain in their trusted root cert. location but it doesnt work.

Re: Outlook Anywhere - Exchange 2010

Thanks to a very helpful web site called (which all IT people should really bookmark) there are a number of sites offering trial certs:
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Thanks Ossian, How can i not use this keywords on google search. I was trying to make a work around through free ssl websites.

I believe they are the same.

Issue Solved.
      Last edited by mudassirhussain01; 19th May 2013, 16:11. Reason: Post Solved

Just to clarify slightly, Outlook Anywhere and ActiveSync MIGHT work with a Self Signed certificate (As used by SBS 2011 for example) but is not a Microsoft-supported scenario.

I used a trial cert from GeoTrust recently as a stop gap whilst Comodo fixed the broken cert they had sold me. Took 5 rekeys to sort.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        Cruachan's Blog

I regularly run sbs 2011 and outlook anywhere with self signed Certs - I just follow the sbs console setup, which I believe installs certificate authority service.

With a certificate assigned by local CA, outlook anywhere will work, but you have to install the CA cert in the client machine.

I believe there is an article on it here:

David Silvester
          Systems Administrator

I cannot post the link here, just go to techslate(dot)com, you will get relevant article on this.

I cannot post the link since I am a newbie to this forum.