• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me in design

hi all i plan to design exchange server 2013 on windows server 2008 R2
    number of user 300 users and my hardware is hp bl460c g7 with 2 cpu 8 core
    and ram in 64 mb per hp server
    iam using vspher so what i put hardware for vm work best work for exchange 2013
    and specification for hardware ram and cpu and hard desk
    i want to make dag and high availability
    best regards

Re: help me in design

Simple: Get a consultant

More seriously, there is a lot more to designing an exchange infrastructure than getting a server, and you will need to give a LOT more information to get any useful help (and even then, we will not know everything so some answers may not be fully appropriate.

To get more focussed advice, start by telling us a bit about your existing AD infrastructure (including sites and user distribution) as well as your existing mail systems.
    Locate the Exchange Mailbox Capacity Planning spreadsheets (on Microsoft sites) and complete them to get an idea of storage requirements -- note these are for 2010 and may not fully apply to 2013.
    Consider your CAS/HT requirements (again I know Exchange 2013 has changed a lot from 2010 but advice (AFAIK) still applies) and what else you need to implement HA (multiple site connections, DC placement...)
    Consider your backup plan and any mail retention/journaling requirements as these will impact storage
    Consider external access needs (OWA, ActiveSync to mobiles, Outlook Anywhere) and all their requirements including certificates.
    Consider risks of things going wrong, especially if you do not have much exchange experience.

Finally consider your admin teams requirements in the way of training and (IMHO) a test environment to learn from your mistakes.

There is a similar thread to yours ( and it is well worth reading, but my initial advice still stands -- get a good consultant to do the work with you.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: help me in design

while I fully agree with Ossian's post, I'll provide the following (tongue in cheek) feedback

I don't think putting 64MB ram in your servers is enough :P
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point