No announcement yet.

EMC initalization failed Help Please

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMC initalization failed Help Please

recently I was trying to move owa website to work on another website other than "default web site" and I managet using exchange management shell, but after a restart when I open EMC I see the error saying that initialization failed,

The following error occurred whil attemptig to contact the specified exchange server ""

The attempt to connect to using "Kerberos" authentication failed......

Please help me solve this (

Re: EMC initalization failed Help Please

Im sorry I forgot to give version of exchange server i have its exchange server 2010 sp1 with microsoft forefront protection for hosted exchange 2010 its a production server and I dont know what to do? Your help is much appreciated.

you can use this page to set the virtual directories up again:

Reset Client Access Virtual Directories

but this looks to be a two part (or more) issue. im going to ask some questions that may be remedial, so bear with me.

is your account an admin account? what happens if you run the tool "as administrator"? any difference?

have you moved any exchange servers around or migrated or had one that isnt there? then we need to change the server that EMC is referencing. follow either of the methods outlined in the article below and you should be able to connect.

Exchange 2010: Unable to open Exchange Management Console - Initialization Failed

if not, then you could try uninstalling EMC and reinstalling it.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Exchange 2010 SP1 is very old and no longer supported.
        The first thing I would suggest is to upgrade to Exchange 2010 SP2 or SP3. That will resolve a lot of problems.

Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
        Exchange Resources List:
        In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.