No announcement yet.

Exchange 2013 installation, ADprep fail

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2013 installation, ADprep fail

I am in the process of installing Exchange 2013 in an Exchange 2010 organization, the problem is that I get errors in AD prep.

I have recently moved from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 and I have removed my old Exchange 2003 from the organization

What do I do?

Prerequisite Analysis FAILED
    Cannot find the Recipient Update Service responsible for domain 'DC=[domain],DC=[domain]'.
    New and existing users may not be properly Exchange-enabled.
    For more information, visit:

One or more servers in the existing organization are running Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003.
    Installation can't proceed until all Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 servers are removed.
    For more information, visit: Org.aspx

The Exchange Server setup operation didn't complete. More details can be found
    in ExchangeSetup.log located in the <SystemDrive>:\ExchangeSetupLogs folder.

Re: Exchange 2013 installation, ADprep fail

i will refer you to this kb about the issue you are having. i think it will answer your questions and get you moving forward:

Setup Cannot Find the Recipient Update Service When Preparing Legacy Exchange Permissions

let us know what happens after you give that a read and follow its walk-thru.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: Exchange 2013 installation, ADprep fail

Solved by deleting the old Exchange server in adsi.