Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 - Emails stopped working, suspect the Antispam is to blame.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 - Emails stopped working, suspect the Antispam is to blame.

Hello all,

Firstly let me explain.

A year ago, we decided to switch from Mcafee as we got left in the lurch by our old IT guy and wanted to keep everything in house. So when the renewal notice came through, we promptly ignored it and changed to another Av provider.

Perhaps a little naively we didn't consider Antispam at that time and didn't take out the service with the new AV provider. Everything has been working absolutely fine for a year, but this morning we've noticed we're receiving no external email. We can send them, and receive internally. I did a quick google and it seems to be something possibly spam related.

Is it possible that as its been a year, our antispam has been shutdown? I've notced our MX records point to: ourdomain.co.uk.inbound10.mxlogic.net. Could this be the culprit here?

As we don't have an active grant number, i can't get anything from support, who just keep passing me back to Customer services, sales, tech support and frankly getting nowhere!

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

Sam.

Re: Exchange 2007 - Emails stopped working, suspect the Antispam is to blame.

Check your error logs for Event 15006 in Exchange - back pressure because the available disk space has dropped below the configured threshold. Check the free space on the drive with Exchange on it.

Comment

Originally posted by hitchin669 View Post
      Hello all,

Firstly let me explain.

A year ago, we decided to switch from Mcafee as we got left in the lurch by our old IT guy and wanted to keep everything in house. So when the renewal notice came through, we promptly ignored it and changed to another Av provider.

Perhaps a little naively we didn't consider Antispam at that time and didn't take out the service with the new AV provider. Everything has been working absolutely fine for a year, but this morning we've noticed we're receiving no external email. We can send them, and receive internally. I did a quick google and it seems to be something possibly spam related.

Is it possible that as its been a year, our antispam has been shutdown? I've notced our MX records point to: ourdomain.co.uk.inbound10.mxlogic.net. Could this be the culprit here?

As we don't have an active grant number, i can't get anything from support, who just keep passing me back to Customer services, sales, tech support and frankly getting nowhere!

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

Sam.
      What have you seen server side that has enabled you to come to this conclusion? Broadly speaking an expired Anti-Spam is not going to prevent you from recieving email.
      Firstly what do the queues on Exchange report? Where is the Anti-Spam installed? Is it cloud or on prem? If server side have you logged on to your Exchange server or relay and checked the queues there? What do NDR's say? As if you are not receving email, people trying to send email to you would get an NDR indicating the nature of the error. I take it your MX record points to your server? Provide a bit more information about your setup so this can be triaged better, as well as what you've done so far to troubleshoot.

Comment

If your MX records go to ourdomain.co.uk.inbound10.mxlogic.net then that is the problem - mxlogic is McAfee's antispam service.

You need to go in to your DNS configuration and switch the DNS records to point to your server, and do it quickly as email is probably bouncing already.
        It might be that mxlogic are queueing the email, a phone call to them will confirm that, you might decide to pay for another year and then spend your time looking for an alternative.

Simon.
        --
        Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
        More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
        Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
        In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Working...
        X