• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a secondary smtp email address

Hi,
    EX2010 SP3 server

Email policy adds .customername.co.uk as smtp address

some newly created users may require an additional smtp address adding.

My thoughts were to create an OU and apply a policy assigning the new address
    however, this seems to confilict with the existing email polcy and they try and overwrite each other.

How can I set the policy so that it adds a secondary address and doesn't try to overwrite the primary?

Re: Add a secondary smtp email address

IIRC only one policy would be applied -- the first to be hit in priority order that matches policy conditions.
    (Yup - see http://port25.io/2012/12/exchange-20...ddress-policy/ for example)

You need to create the OU policy to give the primary AND secondary addresses, and the default policy to create only the primary
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Thanks for this.

The default policy applies at the root so customer.local

Their OU structure is quite complex so I guess I'm going to have to move the policy down to an OU and then the new policy will need to be applied at an OU at the same level?

Thanks,

Comment

Not knowing your OU structure I cannot comment, but you have other options than just applying policies to an OU -- for example some of the user properties can be used to filter the policy
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Many thanks, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X