Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• receive connector configuration

Hello,

I have installed Exchange 2010. We have different registered domain like webmail.abc.com, webmail.abcd.com, webmail.dcba.com. But exchange server is installed in local domain like "abc.local". Now please tell me how can I configure our exchange to be able to send mail to internet and receive email from internet to above mentioned registered domain for its recipient like [email protected], [email protected].
    Also from internet people can open webmail.abcd.com, webmail.abc.com etc.

Please tell me which part I have to configure in receive connector.

Thanks & Regards

Tanmoy Banerjee

Re: receive connector configuration

You will need to do several things:
    In Exchange, create accepted domains and email address policies (in Organisation--Hub Transport in EMC)
    Create or modify a receive connector to allow anonymous access from the internet to your Exchange server
    On your public DNS servers, set MX records to point to your external IP address
    On your router, forward Port 25 inbound to the Exchange server

To open up Webmail (OWA) you will need to forward port 443 from your router to your exchange server, create public DNS records for webmail.domain.com and also autodiscover.domain.com pointed to your external IP address and get a suitable SSL certificate from e.g. godaddy.com containing all the names you are using.

There are plenty of guides on the internet on the detailed configuration steps, but this should get you started.
    Last edited by Ossian; 14th April 2013, 11:02.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks let me check then I will get back to you.

Comment

Hub Transport configuration

I have ad domain abc.local & I have installed exchange 2010. Now I want our user's email id will be different domain name like [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. They sud be able to send receive email from or to internet as well as internally. What I have done is mentioned below:
        Domain is registered webmail.abc.com, webmail.abcd.com, webmail.dcba.com this are pointed to our public ip is natted in router to our internal exchange private ip. Mx record is created to the same public ip. As per below instruction I have created mentioned accepted domain but whenever i am going to create a new email id it is automatically taking which is default like [email protected]. I am not able to create [email protected] where as I have created accepted domain dcba.com in hub transport.
        So please let me know what are the configuration I have to do in Hub transport that our internal user's email id will be [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and they will be able to send and receive email from internet. their internal domain id is like [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. please suggest

Thanks & Regards

Tanmoy Banerjee
        Last edited by rajac2006; 15th April 2013, 19:54. Reason: added few line

Comment

Is this groundhog day or something?

You asked pretty much the same question originally and got an answer this morning. If you need implementation details, can I recommend a very useful web site called
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X