Unable to add group to permissions on Public folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to add group to permissions on Public folder

Exchange 2007, trying to add group to permissions of a public folder calendar. Following error:
    one or more users cannot be added to the folder access list. non-local users cannot be given rights on this server.
    Several - although not all - groups in the GAL have the red cross symbol, including the one I want.

Steps so far:
    • groups were initially created as DG, for various reasons.
    • changed in ADUC to SG.
    • ran Set-Distributiongroup -identity {groupname} on effected groups.
    • checked mailboxes within group are regular.
    • Googled a LOT!

These groups still show with the red cross in the GAL and still throw the same error when trying to add.

Will keep searching but in the meantime wondered if anyone had any ideas as I'm a bit stumped. thanks.
    James
    MCP

Re: Unable to add group to permissions on Public folder

I've still not been able to fix this. I may end up remvoing the group and starting again, but I dont really want to do this. Does anyone have an idea's at all on what I can try?
    James
    MCP

Comment

From the error message, does the group contain contacts as well as users?
      Also IIRC Exchange prefers Universal Groups to Global Groups
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

nope, no contacts, just Users.

I have now deleted the group and started again. This has solved it for this particular group, but there is still another group that this appears on, although I dont have to add it to a calendar permission, so its less urgent. Would be good to get to the bottom of this.
        James
        MCP

Comment

Working...
        X