No announcement yet.

Adding sister company to our Exchange server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding sister company to our Exchange server

Hello, our sister company which we share a building with currently have their email hosted from a 3rd party and our company is using Exchange 2007 for our organization and I am looking to add them to our Exchange server too!

Sister company is connected to our domain and I had a few questions that I hope someone could clear up for me before I make the change.

1. Provide their current hosting provider with our public MX record, so we would have & both pointing to the same public IP?

2. Would I need to add their domain to our current SSL certificate? Right now it just references; and

3. Right now both companies users are located in the users & computers AD container. Should I create another OU under our domain and add sister company user to that OU?

Anything else I should consider before doing this? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!!

Re: Adding sister company to our Exchange server

You seem to have it sussed

1) Yes
    2) Probably worth adding autodiscover.sister (and probably mail.sister) to make configuration easier
    3) Up to you but probably a good idea

The only additional thing you must do is an accepted domain for and an address policy to populate email addresses

You may also want to consider GAL segregation so each company thinks it is the only one:
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **