No announcement yet.

Exch 2010: IP Conflict and cluster name offline when live migrating on HyperV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exch 2010: IP Conflict and cluster name offline when live migrating on HyperV

HyperV 2008 R2
    2 nodes actve-active

Exchange 2010
    DAG with 2 nodes

When I live migrate I get the following errors

File share witness resource 'File Share Witness (\\ex2010quorum.cemm.local\DAG.cemm.local)' failed a periodic health check on file share '\\ex2010quorum.cemm.local\DAG.cemm.local'. Please ensure that file share '\\ex2010quorum.cemm.local\DAG.cemm.local' exists and is accessible by the cluster.

-> Thats not true. It's online and working.

Cluster resource 'File Share Witness (\\ex2010quorum.cemm.local\DAG.cemm.local)' in clustered service or application 'Cluster Group' failed.

Cluster node 'CEMMSRV119' was removed from the active failover cluster membership. The Cluster service on this node may have stopped. This could also be due to the node having lost communication with other active nodes in the failover cluster. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapters on this node. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

Cluster IP address resource 'Cluster IP Address' cannot be brought online because a duplicate IP address '193.171.186.253' was detected on the network. Please ensure all IP addresses are unique.

Cluster resource 'Cluster IP Address' in clustered service or application 'Cluster Group' failed.

Cluster IP address resource 'Cluster IP Address' cannot be brought online because a duplicate IP address '193.171.186.253' was detected on the network. Please ensure all IP addresses are unique.

Cluster resource 'Cluster IP Address' in clustered service or application 'Cluster Group' failed.

The Cluster service failed to bring clustered service or application 'Cluster Group' completely online or offline. One or more resources may be in a failed state. This may impact the availability of the clustered service or application.

Re: Exch 2010: IP Conflict and cluster name offline when live migrating on HyperV

After the live migration I can set the cluster IP and name manually online with no problem.

The quorum is at no state failed at HyperV level and I cannot explain why it is not seen when a machine live migrates?

Comment

Re: Exch 2010: IP Conflict and cluster name offline when live migrating on HyperV

So you're clustering the DAG members? That's not a supported configuration. The DAG is a cluster unto itself. That's the point of the DAG.

Failover clustering gives you hardware HA while the DAG gives you application HA.

It's also not supported to make the File Share Witness highly available.

If the DAG and the File Share Witness are both highly available at the Windows Failover Cluster level then I don't see how the DAG will have a consistent view of the DAG members or of the FSW if they're failing over or being Live Migrated to other Failover Cluster members.
      Last edited by joeqwerty; 13th March 2013, 19:38.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        So you're clustering the DAG members? That's not a supported configuration. The DAG is a cluster unto itself. That's the point of the DAG.
        The DAG nodes run on HyperV, but no additional clustering is done. HA is disabled for Exchange.

It's also not supported to make the File Share Witness highly available.
        It's a simple fileserver ressource on the HyperV host.

If the DAG and the File Share Witness are both highly available at the Windows Failover Cluster level then I don't see how the DAG will have a consistent view of the DAG members or of the FSW if they're failing over or being Live Migrated to other Failover Cluster members.
        I get the problem when I do the live migration manually, no HA or failover scenario is applied at this moment. Sorry if this information was missing.

Comment

Working...
        X