No announcement yet.

Cannot search mailboxes any more

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot search mailboxes any more

I am no longer able to do a mailbox search on Exchange 2010 SP2 with latest rollup packs, either via the ECP nor via PowerShell. I have permissions to do Mailbox Discovery but whatever I search for, I always get the following error:
    [PS] >search-mailbox -identity SupportAdmin -searchquery 'test' -targetmailbox "Discovery Search Mailbox" -targetfolder "MyTest4" -loglevel full
    Try using fewer keywords at the same time, reducing the number of users in the From, To, Cc, and Bcc fields, and reducing the number of mailboxes that are searched at the same time. When you use wildcards, make search queries as specific as possible. For example, if the search query used short words with one or more wildcards (for example, pat*), a large number of words or phrases may be returned because all words that start with "pat" are searched. Search failed on mailbox 'rps\IT Support Admin\cd6dca9a-3576-401f-9a86-e03c70cef57b'.
        + CategoryInfo          : ReadError: (0:Int32) [Search-Mailbox], SearchMailboxException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 5381D200,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Tasks.SearchMailbox
    RunspaceId       : e5f166a0-245c-4b1e-9aea-ea4c0810d2ca
    Identity         : rps.local/R***** Solutions/Users/IT Support Admin/IT Support Admin
    TargetMailbox    : rps.local/Users/DiscoverySearchMailbox {D919BA05-46A6-415f-80AD-7E09334BB852}
    TargetPSTFile    :
    Success          : False
    TargetFolder     : \MyTest4\
    ResultItemsCount : 0
    ResultItemsSize  : 0 B (0 bytes)
    The Exchange database index has been fully rebuilt and the Event log says the index has completed successfully. I feel the text of the error is misleading so I wonder what I can do to reinstate the ability to search mailboxes?
    Best wishes,
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008