Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export-Mailbox command help

we are on exchange 2007.

my aim is to delete emails from all folders & subfolders that are older than 01 Jan 2012.

I need some assistance with the syntax, also exchange is a 64-bit machine, kindly advise on how to run this command from a non exchange 32-bit machine.

Export-Mailbox -Identity <SMTP Address> -StartDate "01/01/2009 00:00:01" -EndDate "<12/31/2011 23:59:59>" -PSTFolderPath H:\PST\user.pst

I do not want to move these contents to a PST file, is there a way I can run the Export-Mailbox command & delete the items without having to move them to the PST file.

thanks in advance

philip
    Last edited by psunith; 6th February 2013, 12:12.

Re: Export-Mailbox command help

IIRC there is a -DeleteContent switch which should do the trick if you don't specify a PST

Remember to try with -WhatIf to test before you go ahead

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/...ge-server.aspx
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Export-Mailbox command help

hi jones,

i tried running the below command

Export-Mailbox -Identity <SMTP> -StartDate "01/10/2011 00:00:01" -EndDate "01/31/2011 23:59:59" -DeleteContent -Confirm:$false

Error occurred in the step: Moving messages. Failed to copy me
      ssages to the destination mailbox store with error:
      MAPI or an unspecified service provider.

How do I correct this error,what am i doing wrong.

philip

Comment

Working...
      X