Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot receive external emails after creating a New User

Hi Everyone,

After creating a new user in SBS 2008 (Exchange 2007) I have the following issue:

Client is running Outlook 2007

I can send and receive internal emails

I can send external emails

I cannot receive external emails.

All others users can function without any problems

Here are some of the things that I've thought or have done:

This client is running Outlook 2007 in cached mode.

I went to the website, estexchangeconnectivity dot com (cannot post url's yet) and ran a test on a working email and the non-working one and diid receive an error message on the non-working one. The working one was successful. here's the error message:

Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: no mailbox by that name is currently available

Not sure why?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Update:

I just noticed there was some more information from the testing website. Here it is:

Attempting to send a test e-mail message to [email protected] using MX mx10.mailspamprotection.com.
    Delivery of the test message failed.
    Additional Details
    The server returned status code 550 - Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: no mailbox by that name is currently available
    Exception details:
    Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: no mailbox by that name is currently available
    Type: System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException
    Stack trace:
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.SmtpMessageTe st.PerformTestReally()
    Last edited by Steveaxt; 16th January 2013, 17:45. Reason: more information

Re: Cannot receive external emails after creating a New User

Did you check to make sure that the user has a valid "external" email address, based on the E-Mail Address Policy?

Comment

HI Joeqwerty,

Hmmm. , I'll check on that and get back to you but I think so.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Hi Joeqwerty,

I thought I could find where this policy is to view it. Could you help me on how I can view the policy? It is SBS 2008/ Exchange 2007

Thanks
        Steve

Comment

Hi Joeqwerty, and everyone else

Since my last reply I'm closing in on the issue and thought you might have an idea on the next step.

Apparently all external emails are routed to the hosting account for this domain through their spam filters/servers. So what I noticed that I have to do is create the same email account that I created on the Exchange server at the hosting service and then the external emails reach the hosting service.

But I still don't receive the emails to the exchange server and then my Outlook. I looked at the hosting site for forwarding but there wasn't any and it wouldn't make sense, so, is there something in Exchange that will connect to this hosting site and "pull" the emails?

Any thoughts.

BTW, I'm taking over for another person who left abruptly that is why there are a lot of unknowns

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Is there a POP3 connector (3rd party) pulling the emails into Exchange?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian

As soon as you mentioned it, it all clicked. Since the email was being delivered to a pop account there had to be a way for Exchange 2007 to get the mail. I just couldn't remmeber how since I don't get that deep into Exchange.

Anyway, that was the issue and it is now resolved.

Thank you so much !!!!

Steve

Comment

No problem -- glad you fixed it
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X