Exchange and Active directory Data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange and Active directory Data

i want to know about exchange server data on active directory i am facing a problem in my test envoirment

1 domain controller server 2008 R2
    2 exchange Server 2010 on Server 2008 R2

now i mistakly delete the domain controller and only exchange server is running. i create a domain cotroller with same configration but my exchange server is not working exchage service not starting.

i run setup.com /preparead /on:domainname but services on exchange server still having problem

i notice missing Domain contnfigration exchange admin group server object in adisedit snapin

sorry for my english is not good.

Re: Exchange and Active directory Data

When you created the new DC, did you restore Active Directory from a backup?
    If you didn't, the new AD will have no connection with, or knowledge of, the old one
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

is it possible to recreate that date, if we have no active directory backup?

Comment

AFAIK No, although you might try speaking to Microsoft Product Support

You will probably have to rebuild AD and reinstall Exchange from scratch, recovering data from your current databases or from outlook caches
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi

You can also try some third party tool to restore your AD in a previous state

There are some decent options available in a very little cost

keep updating us with your findings

Comment

Originally posted by mrk2008 View Post
            is it possible to recreate that date, if we have no active directory backup?
            oh.

Oh wow.

When you say you have no active directory backup, am I correct in understanding that you have not, at any point, ever backed up the server that is central to your business?

You don't need to have specifially backed up AD, as long as you're doing normal server backups.

You are doing normal backups, right?
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X