Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 - 2010 incomplete migration

Hello,
    first of all as it is my first post on this forum I would like to thanks all of it's contributors that s makes it such a great place. Been here many times but never posted and of course there is always a beginning.
    To cut a long story short, I have taken over someone that I haven't met that has left me with a quite difficult situation. The Exchange migration from 2003 to 2010 seems simply not to have been done the correct way as I still have some left overs in MBPA which is mentionning one old exchange 2003 server which of course no longer exist. I have also quite some events in the log that refers to it. Moreover on the the Exchange 2010 Org server summary page, it says that I have 4 exchange 2003 servers while I don't have any left.
    Been digging a lot around before posting and requesting help, next step maybe will be to get on board an exchange guru to solve this but let's dream that someone will point me in the right direction.
    I have also been looking in the configuration section in adsiedit and those e2k3 servers are not present, however the e2k3 Administrative groups is still there along with the 2k10 one. Don't know if I shall delete it. Same in AD no more old servers object. At least the surface is clean
    Actual envrionment is made of 3 e2k10 multi role servers spread over 3 different sites. All Domain controllers are 2k8r2 however the forest level is still 2003.
    The main factor why I am requesting assistance also is that by mistake one of the 3 servers was upgraded to sp2 cu4 and since then I am experiencing some strange behaviour. The information store service gets randomly stopped and disabled. Didn't knew that exchange or something could change the service startup type. Event 2078 gets logged into the evt viewer with Process STORE.EXE (PID=1106. DSAccess is shutting down. Only option is to manually start the service until issue happens again.
    I have seen quite some exotic setup in my life but this environment is the worst I have seen so far and I start to understand why the position was open.
    I know that I have maybe posted two complete different issues but since that server was upgraded issues have started and I figured out also that this exchange structure is not at all clean so forgive me for that and really I hope that someone will have gone through the same.

Cheers

Eelm

Re: Exchange 2003 - 2010 incomplete migration

delete it all from adsi.. ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Exchange 2003 - 2010 incomplete migration

Thanks for your answer tehcamel.
      This is what I have done and it did the trick for the remaining 2k3 stuff.
      Now I am left with that information store service that gets stopped & disabled by the system account and been trying to figure it out but still haven't found a solution to it yet.
      AV has been disabled but it didn't helped neither.
      Been looking all over the internet and can't find anything.

Cheers

Eelm

Comment

Working...
      X