No announcement yet.

Cannot Get Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere To Work

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Get Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere To Work

I have been having quite the time trying to install Outlook Anywhere on my Exchange 2007 server. I know that the first step is to install the rpc over http component. However, when i install that component I never get the two virtual directories RPC and RPCWithCert ( i think that's what the second one is called) in IIS. So i though maybe it was because i didn't enable Outlook Anywhere within the exchange console. So I did, but still nothing showed up in iis. So I re-installed the RPC over HTTP component and reset IIS and still nothing, but after reviewing the event viewer I noticed that Windows was preventing the dll to be changed. I am getting the following error:

File replacement was attempted on the protected system file c:\windows\system32\rpcproxy\rpcproxy.dll. This file was restored to the original version to maintain system stability. The file version of the bad file is 5.2.3790.0, the version of the system file is 5.2.3790.3959.

I am assuming this has something to do with it not working. Any ideas? thanks.

Re: Cannot Get Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere To Work

What server OS are you running it on?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Sorry im running Windows Server 2003 SP2 64bit.

firstly, disable Outlook Anywhere from the Exchange console.
        Then, completely remove the RPC components of IIS, then do a full IIS Reset. Then a full reboot.

then, run SFC /scannow and potentially another reboot
        then, install all available windows updates and reboot as necessary.
        Might be worthwhile to do Exchange patches at the same time.

Then, follow this:

and ensure the RPC stuff appears.
        then test it - you should be able to browse to the folders.

Based on your earlier error message - it looks like you've got mismatched files there - you've tried to install the RPC components from Windows 2003, but your system level is Windows 2003 SP2

kernel versions
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point