Adding Sister Company to our Exchange 2007 Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Sister Company to our Exchange 2007 Server

We are currently using an Exchange Server for our main company....mail.main-company.com and I am looking to start hosting our sister companies emails as well....mail.sister-company.com

Below are some of the steps and questions I have......

1. Add a new "Accepted Domain" in Exchange

2. Create a new Email Policy for my sister company. Do I need to do anything with the "Default Policy" our main company has in place now?

3. In regards to the mx records....I can just point mail.sister-company.com to our ip address of mail.main-company.com, right?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Re: Adding Sister Company to our Exchange 2007 Server

1) Yes
    2) Yes -- default policy is lowest priority so will not need changing
    3) Yes
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks, for the clearing up my questions! I thought of a couple of more things if you or anyone else could shed some light on it......

When adding my sister company to the Exchange server do I need to do anything with our current SSL certificate? Everything in the SSL certificate references our main company domain e.g. autodiscover.

Also, when mail is received from my sister domain and a user replys back will it show from main company domain or sister domain?

Thanks, for the help!

Comment

you should probably re-issue the certificate to include autodiscover.sistercompany.com as well as autodiscover.yourcompany.com

Mail will come from the primary email address, so will depend on the address policy and only be an issue if one user account has an address in both domains
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X