No announcement yet.

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Anonymous

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Anonymous

An application runnin on Linux server needs to send emails to Exchange distribution lists. DLs are configured " Require that all senders are authenticated"

I configured a receive connector as follow
    AuthMechanism : Tls, BasicAuth
    Banner :
    BinaryMimeEnabled : True
    Bindings : {}
    ChunkingEnabled : True
    DefaultDomain :
    DeliveryStatusNotificationEnabled : True
    EightBitMimeEnabled : True
    BareLinefeedRejectionEnabled : False
    DomainSecureEnabled : False
    EnhancedStatusCodesEnabled : True
    LongAddressesEnabled : False
    OrarEnabled : False
    SuppressXAnonymousTls : False

Emails sent to distribution lists are rejected. 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender (in reply to end of DATA command))

I activated protocol logging and the log says that the authenticatin succeded
    34 <authentication response>,
    334 <authentication response>,
    SMTPAcceptAuthoritativeDomainSender BypassAntiSpam BypassMessageSizeLimit SMTPSendEXCH50 SMTPAcceptEXCH50 AcceptRoutingHeaders AcceptForestHeaders AcceptOrganizationHeaders SendRoutingHeaders SendForestHeaders SendOrganizationHeaders SendAs SMTPSendXShadow SMTPAcceptXShadow,Set Session Permissions
    235 2.7.0 Authentication successful.

However, I looked into the header of the email and I found X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Anonymous

I also tested sending a test email from Outlook Express and Mozilla Thunderbird and the email was delivered successfully. In this cause X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Internal. The clinet was an Winodws XP member of a workgroup.

Any advice is wellcomed.
    Where is the problem, on Exchange or Linux site?

Csaba Papp
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate