Exchange 2010: Adding a 2nd email account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010: Adding a 2nd email account

One of our users changed her last name and wants to add an additional email address that reflects the name change but she is asking that the new one be the Primary address and the current one be a secondary that will come to the same mailbox.

Can this be done without the loss of existing emails? Set as Reply is not an option on the newly created address.

Is it as simple as editing the current address to reflect the new name and adding the current address as a secondary?
    Last edited by blkbelt65; 3rd October 2012, 15:35.

Re: Exchange 2010: Adding a 2nd email account

Normally go into the recipient mailbox and add the new address, then "set as primary" -- but what do you mean by "set as reply is not an option"?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Normally go into the recipient mailbox and add the new address, then "set as primary" -- but what do you mean by "set as reply is not an option"?
      I'm currently on the server and have added the new address. There isn't a "set as primary", only "set as reply" in 2010. I"m in the users properties>e-mail addresses tab and when right clicking on the address only edit/set as reply/remove are the only options.

Comment

Sorry - set as reply then (same meaning, different names)
        Earlier question still stands
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Sorry - set as reply then (same meaning, different names)
          Earlier question still stands
          Thanks, that's what I figured. This won't disrupt her email in anyway? I'm new to exchange which is why I'm here.

Comment

Thanks again, it worked perfectly.

Comment

No problem -- glad to help
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X