Exch 2003 to 2010 Mail flow error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exch 2003 to 2010 Mail flow error

Hello, I am currently in the process of upgrading to exchange 2010 sp1 from exchange 2003 sp2. The installation process went through fine and I am able to see the legacy mailboxes on the 2010 server. When I run a local move on a test user to the DB on the 2010 server this completes with no errors. Using the test user account I am able to SEND internal and external emails fine, however when I reply to them they are stuck on the 2003 ‘Messages with an unreachable destination’
    I can see the connectors on the 2003 server OK (created during the installation of 2010)
    bit stuck from here....

Re: Exch 2003 to 2010 Mail flow error

Originally posted by spg View Post
    Hello, I am currently in the process of upgrading to exchange 2010 sp1 from exchange 2003 sp2. The installation process went through fine and I am able to see the legacy mailboxes on the 2010 server. When I run a local move on a test user to the DB on the 2010 server this completes with no errors. Using the test user account I am able to SEND internal and external emails fine, however when I reply to them they are stuck on the 2003 ‘Messages with an unreachable destination’
    I can see the connectors on the 2003 server OK (created during the installation of 2010)
    bit stuck from here....

Messages with an unreachable destination can be for a variety of reasons. Because you are coexisting start by recreating the routing group connectors, and see if that resolves your issue.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../aa997292.aspx

Comment

Re: Exch 2003 to 2010 Mail flow error

Originally posted by spg View Post
      bit stuck from here....

So you are saying you can send and receive new emails on the mailbox you moved to Exchange 2010? Is this from/to External mailboxes and mailboxes on the Exchange 2003 server? Have you tested with a new mailbox created on the Exchange 2010 server and see if you can reply to emails? Also, have you tested from Outlook and OWA?

Comment

Working...
      X