Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporatic Problems with Incoming Email from 2 Yahoo users

Hello,
    We run a 2010 Exchange server and use an external anti-spam provider. We have had intermittent problems with receiving email from 2 Yahoo users. Sometimes their email goes through, other times they get NDRs. We have looked up the error code in the NDR, but haven't found an exact match for it. We believe it is an issue on the Yahoo side, but the Yahoo users refuse to try other email accounts. The message below was a reply to an email I sent, so the recipient address is good and it was the only one in the To: field.

I'd appreciate any input on the source of the error, just as a double check on our troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Subject: Failure Notice

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<[email protected]>:
    Message expired for domain ourserver.net. Remote host said: 421 4.7.1 <DATA>: Data command rejected: You're trying to send to too many invalid addresses [DATA]

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Received: from [98.139.215.140] by nm9.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Aug 2012 21:11:23 -0000
    Received: from [98.139.212.246] by tm11.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Aug 2012 21:11:23 -0000
    Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1055.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Aug 2012 21:11:23 -0000

Re: Sporatic Problems with Incoming Email from 2 Yahoo users

i think the fairly critical question here is:

Is this issue coming from the hosted Hygiene service, or is it actually being generated by your exchange server?
    It sounds like your server, but not entirely clear..

either way, can you trace the email through the hygiene service ? (i'm thinking of things like mimecast here)
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
    X