Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone "Server" setting changes when DAG Failover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iPhone "Server" setting changes when DAG Failover

    Hello,

    If I move an Exchange database between our 2 server DAG setup, somehow all the iPhones associated with users on that DB get the "server" setting changed (it drops the "mail" part of mail.company.com). It doesn't happen with Droids or users who are on another DB (that isn't moved). Any idea on why this might happen?

    We are running Exchange 2010, SP1 in DAG mode. I was told to look at Autodiscover and believe that is working ok. I am wondering if there is something with a policy that might update when we move DAG but am really unsure.

    Any hints or ideas appreciated!

    Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: iPhone "Server" setting changes when DAG Failover

    Is your CAS server changing as well?
    (DAG failover should have no effect as long as the CAS server - or CAS array - does not change)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: iPhone "Server" setting changes when DAG Failover

      What servers do you have and how are the roles distributed? As mentioned, do you use a CAS array as well? It is worth double checking the DAG configuration with the following PowerShell commands using EMS;

      Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup -Identity Name of DAG –Status

      Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork -Identity Name of DAG

      To check the Exhcange web services and auto-discover, run the following;

      Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory |fl identity,internalurl,externalurl

      Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory

      Get-ClientAccessServer |fl identity,autodiscoverserviceinternaluri
      Last edited by Virtual; 10th September 2012, 21:18.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: iPhone "Server" setting changes when DAG Failover

        I think may have found it (do you think this is the problem?):

        On the server with all the databases mounted under Server Config / Client Access/ Exchange / AS / External URL - it reads this:

        https://mail.company.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

        On the server that has problems it reads:

        https://company.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync (without "mail")

        We don't have a CAS array and the results of the other commands are below. The only other thing I see "odd" is Autodiscover on the HOU server doesn't used https.



        [PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory | fl identity, internalurl, external

        Identity : HOU\EWS (Default Web Site)
        InternalUrl : https://hou.comp.biz/EWS/Exchange.asmx
        ExternalUrl : https://company.com/ews/exchange.asmx

        Identity : DAL\EWS (Default Web Site)
        InternalUrl : https://dal.comp.biz/EWS/Exchange.asmx
        ExternalUrl : https://company.com/ews/exchange.asmx



        [PS] C:\Windows\system32>get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory
        Name Server InternalUrl
        ---- ------ -----------
        Autodiscover (Default Web Site) HOU
        Autodiscover (Default Web Site) DAL


        [PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-ClientAccessServer |fl identity, autodiscoverserviceinternaluri
        Identity : HOU
        AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri : http://hou.comp.biz/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

        Identity : DAL
        AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri : https://dal.comp.biz/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

        Comment

        Working...
        X