Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fowarding email message

Hi everyone,

I have Adomain.com that i have been using for long time but plan to change to Zdomain.com. Currently the Adomain.com hosted by the domain seller company. I don't want to use their email server or this domain anymore. I want to start using Zdomain.com domain and just finishing up setup Exchange 2010 for domain Zdomain.com

I will only have one Exchange server for Zdomain.com. But I want all future email send to Adomain.com still get forwarded to Zdomain.com

How do I do it?

Thank you all in advance.
    tj

Re: Fowarding email message

Just set up Adomain.com as an accepted domain (and create a suitable address policy) on your Exchange server
    Change MX records to point Adomain.com to your public IP

(Basically, Exchange can cope with multiple domains for incoming emails)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

as part of your staged migration though, I'd also consider looking at using a pop3 connector, to get you over a period where mail might be being delivered randomly to either host dependent on DNS record caching etc.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Just set up Adomain.com as an accepted domain (and create a suitable address policy) on your Exchange server
        Change MX records to point Adomain.com to your public IP

(Basically, Exchange can cope with multiple domains for incoming emails)
        How would the DNS for Adomain to know the location of new Zdomain? Wouldn't I have to update the Adomain and change *something*(not sure what to change) to the new Exchange IP/DNS stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          as part of your staged migration though, I'd also consider looking at using a pop3 connector, to get you over a period where mail might be being delivered randomly to either host dependent on DNS record caching etc.

** Where/How to setup POP3 connector? On the Exchange? Do you know any website explain and walkthrough this process? Thanks.!

Comment

Originally posted by watersnoopy View Post
            How would the DNS for Adomain to know the location of new Zdomain? Wouldn't I have to update the Adomain and change *something*(not sure what to change) to the new Exchange IP/DNS stuff?
            you modify the DNS record type "MX" for ADomain and tell it to go to the mail server for ZDomain.

regards pop3 connectors:
            https://www.google.com.au/search?q=p...a&channel=fflb
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X