Issues with *.EDU emails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with *.EDU emails

I have a smaller company that uses Exchange 2010 on SBS 2011.
    Mail is flowing fine in and out of the organization aside from emails that are sent from '@csuohio.edu'. They can send emails to this domain but when CSU sends emails to them they are either never delivered or come through days later.(this has only happened once. Along with this, no one on either end is receiving any type of error message.
    I have no clue where to start troubleshooting this issue. I have whitelisted the domain in their spam control panel so far. But this doesn't seem to be the issue because the spam service informs them of all messages that are blocked.

I have tried the remote connectivity analyzer from MS but it inbound smtp tests OK.

I do not have a lot of experience with exchange. Recently someone in my company left and I inherited a lot of his duties without proper training

Re: Issues with *.EDU emails

What do the headers of the emails show regarding the delay/hops?

If the senders emails aren't getting to you then it is them that needs to do some investigation as well as you really. Have you spoken to their IT?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thank you for your help with this, I am in a completely different world when it comes to exchange and DNS related issues. I am trying to learn

Headers have been an issue to retrieve. Their IT support at the college is not exactly easy to work with. If I get one of these from them I will post.

This is the only information that they were able to provide
      "DELIVERY FAILURE: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=co ntractsource.com type=MX: Host not found, try again"

These MX Records exist and they test OK with tools used mxtoolbox.com

Only thing that shows up as bad is - transaction delays when testing SMTP for exchange records, could this be due to the spam filter?

Comment

* in the error, the space in the domain was put there by me on accident

Comment

If their servers can't see your MX records then there isn't much you can do. I would see if you can find someone else in their IT department who is willing to be helpful. Maybe ask for a manager?
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X