No announcement yet.

Problems with Send As permissions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Send As permissions

I have a user that was granted the Sand As permission on other account. When the user clicks the from filed in Outlook (2007) and selects the account they have granted Send As on all works fine. If the user decides to manually type in the address of the other account they get

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Bookings & Info mailboxes

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

External_recipient on

The recipient could not be processed because it would violate the security policy in force

What could be causing this?

The Exchange server serves two related organizations where one is the sort of parent and other is a child organization. Not sure why the NDRs are coming from the Microsoft Exchange <lots of characters [email protected]
    Maybe that's somehow related
    Last edited by yaro137; 3rd September 2012, 17:19.

Re: Problems with Send As permissions

Someone here had the same issue and managed to resolve it:

Does that help?
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Corrupt NK2/Autocomplete file from the looks of it, seen it before. I didn't look but I'm assuming that's what the link in the previous post says too.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      Cruachan's Blog

I thought of that so I personaly deleted the cached email address and typed it in manually just to get the same result. However when I set up that user profile on another PC in non-Cached Exchange Mode it works just fine.

Confirm the primary SMTP address. If it is Exchange 2010 then the Primary SMTP address is referred to as the reply address. If you do not send as that address you will get a error that the mail could not be sent.

It's 2007 actually and yes, in both cases it is the default.

The strange thing is that company has a Terminal Server and when I set up that user or for the matter any user on the TS they have no problems sending As that other account. BTW I found that all users who have Send As permission on the account they're getting bounce backs.