Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 Online Archiving - Exclude notes

Hi,

Does anyone have a clue how can I exclude the "Notes" folder from archiving?

I use Retention Policy Tag of type: "All other folders in the mailbox" action: "Move to Archive" x age limit for retention.

but it's archives all folders under the mailbox also the notes folder,

if there any policy that I can create to disable archiving only for "Notes" folder?

thanks!

Re: Exchange 2010 Online Archiving - Exclude notes

Maybe it will work, if you create a policy tag explicitly for "Notes", use your normal action and disable the tag once created.

This tag should overwrite the Default Tag you are using right now and disableing it, should disable the selected action.

Don't forget to include this tag into your policy and as always better test this in an specific test policy which you apply to test mailboxes only.

Comment

thanks,

but looks like creating tag explicitly for "Notes" cannot be achieved:

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
      Elapsed time: 00:00:00

No Notes
      Failed

Error:
      Unable to execute the task, reason: MoveToArchive can only be applied to tags of type default ('All'), Personal or RecoverableItems.

Click here for help... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/l...h.err.Ex212177

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
      New-RetentionPolicyTag -Name 'No Notes' -Type 'Notes' -Comment '' -AgeLimitForRetention '180.00:00:00' -RetentionAction 'MoveToArchive' -RetentionEnabled $true

Elapsed Time: 00:00:00

Comment

Hmm, thought I had already replied, whatever. Take another action then MoveToArchive, since the tag will be disabled, it doesn't matter.

I tried that in my test environment and it worked with DeleteAndAlllowRecovery.

Comment

The board was hacked last week and about 24 hours of posts were lost as a result
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X