Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users not able to access out of office on clients

Hi
    We are running Exchange 2007 and it seems all of our users are not able to use the Out of office feature in Outlook.

Outlook 2010 users report that when clicking Out of office, outlook freezes for about 30 seconds, and the reports an error which says: 'Your automatic reply settings cannot be displayed because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.'

Outlook 2007 users just receive the error 'Your automatic reply settings cannot be displayed because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.'

We do have a number of users on different OS's. These are Windows XP pro and Windows 7 pro and they are on 2 seperate domains with trusts between the 2.

On the client WS we have ensured that all the windows updates have been actioned.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Users not able to access out of office on clients

What happens with OWA?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi

In OWA it works fine...

I am thinking this may be a problem with autodiscover??

Comment

Originally posted by ranjb View Post
        Hi

In OWA it works fine...

I am thinking this may be a problem with autodiscover??
        Hi Ranjb,

You are on the right track, this is a problem with Autodiscover. Autodiscover serves mainly 4 things - OAB/Calendar free:busy/Out of Office/UM.

First thing to do is:

Follow KB article 940726 to make sure all internal/external URLs are correct (you dont have to set anything for Unified Messaging if it is NOT in use). I hope you are using a Public SSL certificate(I recommend using a SAN certificate however if you are using a single name cert as well then also we can get the autodiscover to work if any client is connecting to exchange from external network). The URLs should point to the common name of the certificate; And the common should have an entry (A record) in your internal DNS which should point to the Exchange 2007 CAS role.

Once that is done then please test-emailautoconfiguration on outlook 2007 client and post the results, it should be able to find the SCP. If not please do let me know.

Regards
        Technical Director
        www.tecguruz.com
        Ex-Microsoft (Exchange Client & Server Infrastructure Team), MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS & ITIL Foundation certified

Comment

Working...
        X