Email management solution that integrates with Ex10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email management solution that integrates with Ex10

I have been searching for over 2 months for an enterprise level email management system that will integrate with Exchange 2010 or at least work alongside of it. This is driven from upper management and the goal is to move 99% of all external-based communications into a separate system. I just ran some stats and we have almost 11 million messages in our live Exchange stores and 95% of it is customer communications.

I have come across several different options but they all have game breakers.
    These are the features that I am looking for –
    • Not a hosted service – I want servers within my infrastructure
    • No POP3
    • No PST files
    • Exchange and AD integration
    • A separate ‘portal’ for viewing these mailboxes is preferable, such as web-based

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Email management solution that integrates with Ex10

I don't really understand what you are looking for, are you looking to archive the emails out of exchange? If so Symantec Enterprise Vault is what you want, it ain't cheap but it's the best product for the job.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

How many GB in total, and WHY does upper management want to do this?

If I had to guess I'd say that they have some type of regulatory compliance that they need to meet. If they want to move 99% of 95% of 11 million messages to another system, why not move all of it?

A former boss of mine used to praise Mimosa's software (NearPoint I think). There's also the Barracuda Message Archiver. Haven't used either myself.
      Last edited by Wired; 7th August 2012, 07:19.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If it is for regulatory purposes only, look at some of the message retention features in Exchange 2010. Otherwise EnterpriseVault++
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

EV is a pretty good solution. Would be interesting to know why you only want internal servers though?
          Depending on your requirements going forwards as well then the storage costs can start mounting. We're moving from internal EV to EV.Cloud which looks to be really good (will be interesting to see what the do with regards to Clearwell integration as well).

It really works best if you journal to it though so you'd be looking at all of the emails rather than just subsections.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

From what I remember EV.cloud only does journal archiving and can't do individual mailbox archiving, did a webinar when it came out but haven't looked in depth since then. However we operate EV as a hosted service and use site-to-site VPNs and cross-forest trusts, so our EV infrastructure is in a data centre rather than internal.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I am not looking for an archiving solution. I currently use the built-in retention features of Ex10 to do this.

We are a call center that answers calls for multiple clients. And, due to the nature of our business we are subject to HIPAA, HITECH, and Reg Flag rules - so, a cloud based solution is out of the question.

All of our customer contact is done through shared mailboxes but some users have to monitor 10+ shared mailboxes in Outlook, which makes for a long folder list. I would like to move the shared mailboxes to a web-based portal and keep internal communications and direct contacts in Outlook. The only reason for Exchange integration is because I can't find anything that does not work with POP3 or PST files.

Oh, and we aren't moving the current emails in the Exchange environment. They will be aged off according to retention ruled.

Comment

I am not aware of any product that does what you want.

Exchange is the market leader, everything else wants to replace it, nothing sits on top of it other than CRM packages.
                Looking at the communications as a CRM component is the only way you might find a product that can do the job for you, trying to just look at it as email is simply going to send you back to Exchange.

The only other suggestion I can make is to get an interface written for you.
                EWS gives you the building blocks. You will just need something that can use that to manage the email.

Simon.
                --
                Simon Butler
                Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Thanks, Simon. That's exactly what my conclusion was but I had to get an informed opinion first as maybe I was missing something. You have confirmed my suspicions and I will start researching CRM solutions.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X