No announcement yet.

Two Exchange 2007 servers not communicating

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Exchange 2007 servers not communicating

So I just built/installed another Exchange 2007 sp3 server to eventually take over for a dying existing Exchange 2007 server. Both are on 2008R2.

I created a test user on the "new exchange" and email flows fine in all directions.
    My issue is that when I go to Tool box, Public Folder Management Console to setup replication from the old server to the new server, the new server doesn't show up as a replication partner.

I get DCOM errors on the new server. Event ID 10009 The erros does show this.
    "DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer exchangeserver.domain.local using any of the configured protocols"

I am looking at the receive connectors on both servers, but nothing stands out. Current I do NOT have a third party cert installed on the new server.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Re: Two Exchange 2007 servers not communicating

I think I got it working. I deleted and recreated the "new servers" public folder DB. I adjusted the receive connector on the "old" server. Rebooted the new server. Now I can see/add the new server in the replication area of the public folder management area.