No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 SP1 Upgrade

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 SP1 Upgrade

Hello All,
    I am looking to upgrade to exchange 2010 from 2007 SP2 and having conflicting info that i hope someone here can help straighten up.
    Currently our outlook 2007/2010 uses the FQDN of "" to access their mailboxes and to make the upgrade painless for the clients we do not intend to change that after the upgrade.
    My concern is. during the initial installation of the first 2010 CAS server, you are requested to put the FQDN (for the virtual directories) that the outlook clients will use - If I put the same name "", will the outlook 2007/2010 clients be prompted to use that?
    In other words, will the first 2010 CAS advertise itself for the clients immediately after installation?
    If so, how do I prevent that till all the 2010 roles have been properly installed and configured before moving the access method to 2010 CAS servers or array?

Re: Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 SP1 Upgrade

Don't put anything in. That field isn't mandatory.
    I would be very surprised if clients use that address for all access. The mailbox server itself can only use that name if the server uses that name.

DO NOT use that current name for the RPC CAS Array as that is not recommended. The RPC CAS Array name should be unique and only resolve internally, not externally.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 SP1 Upgrade

Thanks for the response.