some weird tracking issues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some weird tracking issues.

within their network, a client has some sort of issue tracking system, that generates emails which are then routed randomly throughout their network, ending up at some sort of distribution list.

On that distribution list, is our email address, "[email protected]"
    All well and good. This has been working.

A new CRM system has been implemented. What we're seeing is that emails coming via this distribution list are NOT picked up by the CRM router. It says "the recipient for the email address subject in mailbox [email protected] does not match any known records"

When we look closely at the tracking logs, we can see normal tracking log entries, things like:
    Receive - recipient [email protected] - returnpath [email protected]

the emails are received fine - we can open the mailbox they go into, and read them with no problems.

However, if I actually look at the header of the email address, I see the following TO: address

To: Myriad <[email protected]>
    Message-ID: <[email protected]ited.com>

To: Myriad <[email protected]>
    Message-ID: <[email protected]ited.com>

we think that somehow, the remote end is re-writing the headers in such a way that the To field is wrong when it hits our mailbox, but it's perfectly ok within the tracking logs.

I suspect I'm not being clear, but happy to explain further where possible.....
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif
Working...
X