No announcement yet.

Sharing Calendar with another domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Calendar with another domain

I have a weird setup in a remote office. Two totally different companies sharing office space.

My Domain win2k8 and win2k3. Exchange 2007 with all MS Service packs and updates, all runnign just fine since 2008.

so now the other company wants to share the conf room and needs to schedule appointments.

so can we share a calender between two domains, not in the same forrest.

don't know the other companies network setup but I'm assuming they are using Exch 2007 (at least I hope)

Re: Sharing Calendar with another domain

Worth verifying what they have and the Outlook Clients as well. If you were able to introduce an Exchange 2010 CAS server at least into each Exchange organisation, you could use Federation Sharing.

Otherwise, it's a case of using the availability service to allow the Calendar sharing.

You may also need to do a form of GALsync between the two as well.

I am currently doing a solution for 5 organisations that wish to share their GAL and Free/Busy. They currently have Exchange 2003 ranging to Exchange2010.

All of them will be upgrading to Exhcange 2010 and adding an Exchange 2010 CAS server. Federation Sharing will then be configured.

GALsync will be achieved via the GALsync feature of FIM server 2010 R2. That way, when sending meeting requests, each organisation will just use their GAL.

thanks for your reply. Your solution will work great in your enviroment but upgrading isn't an option for us right now, thanks once again.

gmail calendar, and then there's a gmail tool that syncs calendar?
        we tried this way back in 2009 at a place i was working
        not sure how well it worked out, but it's a theory
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point