Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 back up

Hey ..

I need help to know what's the best way & program to back up & restore Exchange 2007 i download the acorins recovery for exchange it's okay but i can't fine serial number for it . so plz help me if u know the best way to do back up and roster.

Thanx In Advance

Re: Exchange 2007 back up

First, we will have nothing to do with illegal software. If you need a serial for Acronis, PAY THE MONEY FOR IT
    If you want to test it, see if they do a trial version.

Secondly, recovery software is not the same as backup software. An Exchange Aware backup will truncate log files and keep Exchange "tidy" for you. Windows Server Backup will do this depending on the service packs (Exchange 2007 SP3 IIRC). Backup Assist has an Exchange agent, as does BackupExec.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thnx Ossian for ur replay & don't get angry I Know that u r totally right ... i'll get symantec exec for server but it frist time to me to use it so i'm asking now about the best way to back up & restore exchange data if u know & i'm sorry to bothering u

Comment

Not angry, just following the forum rules which prohibit requests for illegal software.

Instead of jumping in and going for the most expensive option (Backup Exec), do some research and choose the most cost effective option taking the following into consideration:
        Amount of data to backup
        Backup frequency
        SLAs for data restores
        Backup media available
        Existing backup technologies you use (you do use some?)

Depending on the size of your organisation and the complexity of your requirements, this may be a good time to get an Exchange consultant in to advise you.

For the details of Exchange backups and restores, start with or the excellent TrainSignal materials
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Mousa View Post
          i'll get symantec exec for server but it frist time to me to use it so i'm asking now about the best way to back up & restore exchange data if u know & i'm sorry to bothering u
          I'm part of the BE team at Symantec. Tell me about your environment. There are a few different options for licensing BE that may be more cost effective for you depending on how much data or how big your environment is, or if it is highly virtualized.

Comment

In my opinion Backup Exec is expensive and bloated piece of junk. It went downhill from version 10d and hasn't got any better - oh wait, that was when Symantec got their hands on it. It is just as bad as their AV software. I guess someone has to pay for the advertising.

If you want something that works, then Backup Assist is cheap and does the job. Most Exchange aware backup tools work in the same way because they are using the same APIs and interfaces that Microsoft provide.

Simon.
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Working...
            X