Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 Will Not Connect To Exchange 2010

Hi all,

I've got an Exchange 2010 server running with 20-ish users connecting happily. However, today, my profile is deciding it will not talk to the server (The connection to MS Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action). I've tried it on two PCs, both with the same results. I try to connect and it says that the server is offline. However, every other user is working. My IPhone is sending and recieving email from the same account fine. Emails from my hotmail account hit my account and are sent to my phone fine as well as copying back to my hotmail account ok.

Basically, whenever I try to authenticate my user against the server, it fails. I've reset my password. I can log in via Outlook Web Access, but once logged in (which works), everytime I click any folder, or a new email etc, it keeps kicking me off or just locking up. I've tried entering the server as a server name, a FQDN, an IP address. Nothing seems to work. Irritating as no one else seems to have a problem.

I'm open to all suggestions.

Bob

Re: Outlook 2007 Will Not Connect To Exchange 2010

So are you saying that in OWA you have the folder issue or just Outlook 2007?

Comment

When I use OWA, I can log in ok, and it displays the emails in my inbox, including new emails. I can click and preview emails in the root inbox, but the moment I try to reply, create a new email or click to a different folder or sub-folder, I get the error "the request could not be completed. This may have occured due to security restrictions or due to a time out". Everything seemed to happen at the same time, my lack of access through either Outlook or OWA, yet with no knowing change to my account.

Bob

Comment

It suggests to me that you need to be reviewig the Exchange server then and is not related to Outlook issues seeing that OWA has a problem as well.

It is worth running an Exchange Best Practices analyer tool and finding out if this is starting to effect other people? Also, if you create a new mailbox as a test, is that ok?

Worth reviewing the Windows event logs as well.

Comment

Working...
        X