No announcement yet.

Windows 2008R2 Enterprise CA doesnt work on a Exchange2010 Certificate Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008R2 Enterprise CA doesnt work on a Exchange2010 Certificate Request

Hallo,

I have one DC and one EXCH srv. Both Win2008 Ent. Exchange server is 2010 edition.
    I created a new request whith the wizard in Exchange2010 and transfered the req-file to the DC where the CA is located.

I try to make a new request, whith the created req-file attached, and nothing happens. There is no error, nothing happens. I canot see any changes into the CA-Folders, no pending request ... nothing.

any ida what yould be wrong?

I will will have only local CA. we are really small commpany and all devices and their accise are under control...

thank you for help...

Re: Windows 2008R2 Enterprise CA doesnt work on a Exchange2010 Certificate Request

What do you need the certificate for?

If OWA and mobile devices (the normal purpose) it is far easier and cheaper (if time has a value) to buy a 3rd party SAN certificate from e.g. www.godaddy.com or www.certificatesforexchange.com
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Windows 2008R2 Enterprise CA doesnt work on a Exchange2010 Certificate Request

I need certificate for Exchange 2010 (OWA - it works with current certificat that made Exch itself, but it doesn´t work on tablet where I tested it...

Outlook wasn´t tested yet (but should work with outlook anywhere feature)

Comment

As already mentioned a certificate from a public CA would be the easiest to use.

However a internal CA can do the same if configured correctly.

The CA have to be configured to support SAN certificates which is not the case at a fresh install.

Here is just one link on how to enable SAN certifiactes, many more are available using one of the search engines.

http://techontip.wordpress.com/2011/...icate-feature/

Comment

Working...
        X