Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 Problem after removing accepted domain

Hi.

I have an Exchange 2010 server, and i removed an accepted domain from it.
    This domain now belongs to another company, and doesn't sit on my exchange.
    when i`m trying to send mail from my exchange, to the accepted domain exchange, i`m getting :
    550 5.7.1 Unable to relay.

anyone?

Re: Exchange 2010 Problem after removing accepted domain

Use MXtoolbox.com and verify that they have set up their side ok by using some of the test tools.

Do you have any DNS zones created for the old accepted domain on your internal servers? Do outgoing emails go via a Smart Host or direct via MX lookup?

Comment

Have you left enough time for GALs etc to rebuild themselves?
      Do you have an address policy generating local addresses in the former domain?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

As far as mxtoolbox, everything is fine on both sides.
        both sides can receive and send anywhere, except between themselves.
        No dns records left on the old site, the second domain was only an accepted domain, with no actual servers.
        The outgoing mail goes directly via mx lookup, and all i can see in the default mail policy is one correct domain on both sides.
        its been like that for more than a week, and we`ve just noticed that yesterday.

thanks.

Comment

Thanks for using our SMTP Tool...it does sound like the domain or users may still be in place as it is attempting to send locally.

You may also consider checking your Send Connector to see if anonymous users is allowed. This doesn't open your server up to be an Open Relay, but adjusts the permissions for that particular send connector.

Thanks,
          @mxtoolbox

Comment

It could be "favourite" email addresses in Outlook -- when you send, does it autocomplete the address? If so, try deleting the autocomplete entry and entering it again
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Its not address related.
              I`m trying to send mail to a new user in the new site.
              searched for the removed domain in adsiedit, but found nothing.

Comment

It would be worth using telnet from within your organisation to do some troubleshooting. Is their a website with the same Domain name as the SMTP address? Can you access that? Have you tried pinging the Host record held in External DNS for the other Domain? Have they verified that any SPF, Domain Key or Reverse DNS records have also been changed to reflect the external IP change? May not be the root casue but worth ensuring everything is set up as it should be.

Comment

its all ok, besides the ptr record, which will be completed next week, but the only problem i have is between those two domains, so i dont think its the ptr.
                  i can telnet both sites to port 25, and i can send and receive to any other domain.
                  when i try and send between those two, i get 550 5.7.1 unable to relay, on bith sides.
                  It look like the old server still sees the new domain somewhere (which was only in the accepted domains list).

Comment

Working...
                  X