Receive connectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receive connectors

I have a SharePoint server that we have a project group using. They are communicating by email and are sending to a mail contact created within our exchange environment.

The tricky part is our domain is corporatedomain.com and the SharePoint server had an MX record created for sharepoint2010.oldcorporatedomain.com

Emailing [email protected] works internally by users using corporatedomain.com email addresses. It does not work externally from people using otherdomains.com

Our Exchange server already has an anonymous relay setup and working. We are contemplating setting up a new receive connector that is strictly for sharepoint2010.oldcorporatedomain.com and set to port 25, however, we're concerned that this connector will break the existing one since it's also on port 25.

Any of this make sense?

I guess it boils down to this: can I have 2 receive connectors using port 25 without breaking my email?

Thanks,
    Todd
    I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
    Todd

Re: Receive connectors

ok, on my test server, i have a receive connector.
    listens on all available addresses, port 25.
    uses TLS, Basic, Exchange Auth, and Integrated auth.

I have just created a new receive connector, listening on all available addresses, port 25.

I get following:

Error:
    The values that you specified for the Bindings and RemoteIPRanges parameters conflict with the settings on Receive connector "AIT-DC-01\Default AIT-DC-01". A Receive connector must have a unique combination of a local IP address, port bindings, and remote IP address ranges. Change at least one of these values.

I then tried to create it instead, on 192.168.87.42 rather than all available IPs.
    And this time, it worked.

so, i guess if your anonymous connector is listening on "all ip addresses" and you setup a new one on a specific IP, it will allow it.

if I connect to the specific, named IP address from a workstation, it gives me the new one. If I do "telnet localhost 25" from the server itself, it gives me the generic one.

So what this means is.. the named address will overrule..

just add a second IP Address...

couldn't you just, instead, make the server an accepted domain, as an InternalRelay ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      I then tried to create it instead, on 192.168.87.42 rather than all available IPs.
      And this time, it worked.

so, i guess if your anonymous connector is listening on "all ip addresses" and you setup a new one on a specific IP, it will allow it.

So what this means is.. the named address will overrule..

just add a second IP Address...

couldn't you just, instead, make the server an accepted domain, as an InternalRelay ?
      Thanks for the reply! I figured we'd get an error if we had two on port 25 which is why we didn't actually do that. My next step was to add the second, specific IP pointing to my SharePoint server. I think we're going to try that today. We've got a conference call with the SharePoint management team.

They claim that the problem is with our Exchange server, a security issue. With what we've done investigation-wise yesterday, it seems as though the problem may lie with our SharePoint server and potentially within IIS on the physical server that SharePoint is on. The reason we came to this conclusion is that Exchange is already setup with an Anonymous relay on port 25, therefore, any traffic coming to and from any internal and/or external source, should be processed/relayed accordingly.

I think we over thought the problem yesterday and worked ourselves into a loop.

Thanks again for the reply!

Todd

Thanks,
      Todd

Comment

We added the domain we created the MX record for (SharePoint2010.oldcorporatedomain.com) to the accepted domains list and it worked.

thanks,
        Todd

Thanks,
        Todd

Comment

Working...
        X